Rooted in Agriculture
- Explore Seed Savers Exchange Heritage Farm headquarters in the morning, an internationally-known organization helping people save and share heirloom seeds.
- Enjoy a short drive to a 150-year-old family farm at Winneshiek Wildberry Winery, taste award winning wines and have lunch on site.
- Go back in time at Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum whose historic buildings and exhibits tell the story of pioneer agriculture, also explore beautiful downtown Decorah.
Day 2: Sleep in! Enjoy a wonderful breakfast in Decorah.
- Explore and eat lunch (and sweets) at Pinter's Gardens and Pumpkins with vast plant, landscape, and patio displays and fall pumpkin patch and corn maze.
- Learn hands-on about modern dairy farming at Iowa's Dairy Center from 1-2:30pm, tour the operational farm, meet the cows, and pet the calves.